Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Witchcraft


A couple of weeks ago, the Collings Foundation's collection of WWII-era aircraft made two stops in Arizona, and Doug Monce and I took a trip out to the Scottsdale Airpark to shoot some photos with these amazing warbirds.  We'd been invited out by the Arizona Ground Crew for a photo op, and although the day was unseasonably chilly and windy (so windy I was ready to go back inside after five minutes, thank goodness I wore one of my snoods from Arthelia's Attic or my hair would have been unfit for photos in mere seconds), we had a great time checking out the airplanes and chatting with some of the other attendees.  I even got to sit in the cockpit of the B-24 "Witchcraft"--it was no small feat climbing up there wearing a dress, stockings, and heels, but oh so worth it (and thankfully, free of any stocking casualties!)  

xoxo,
Amanda Lee






11 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity and such lovely photos! You look like an absolute doll, love it! ...cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cassie! The Collings Foundation tours the US with these planes several months out the year, maybe they'll stop at an airport near you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those planes are housed about a half hour from me, in Stow, Mass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are great, you look so beautiful!
    isabella xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is amazingly adorable! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool event! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What terrific, memorable photos. I adore the bold, elegant hues you wore in these shoots. So beautiful!


    Wishing you a stellar weekend,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun photo shoot! It looks like you and your gents are having such a great time. Those classic planes are so cool and you look beautiful. Your hair and outfit are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos turned out great Amanda! Bob Collings actually went to highschool with my grandparents, so I've been lucky enough to grow up with these warbirds (first flight in the B-17 at the age of 7!). They're beautiful aren't they?? Have a good weekend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the nice comments on these!

    59Kustom--that's fantastic that you live close to where some of these are housed, I'd love to see that museum!

    Kelci--what a great story! And lucky you, getting to ride in a B-17! Someday I hope to ride in one too :-)

    ReplyDelete